Monday, September 19, 2016

I'm baack, and since it's September, some back-to-school pics.

I'm baack! In more ways than one. In 1995, I packed up and moved to Madison, Wisconsin. It's too long to go into detail here and most of you know this but it will always be dear to my heart for a number of reasons. In some ways Madison was a perfect place for me...it's where I really feel I came into my own and found out what really matters to me, politically, socially, spirtually...

BUT one of the things that matters to me, that being "away" really drove home was that I love my family and I want to be more a part of their daily lives, especially now that we have new adult members (the best group of spouses one could ask for) and lots of new little Gees running about.

So, I'm back in Cinci. :)

I didn't even remember that I tried to revive this blog one more time before I left Madison
Josh tried to post to this blog but couldn't. I've since sent him, Jodi and Brandon invites to be "authors" and hope to get emails from all the Gee adults to make them authors.

I hope that y'all will take advantage of this space to write Gee-related news. I will continue, as family genealogist, to use this space for that BUT I hope to see soccer game pics, birthday wishes, funny stories, anything you want to share with other Gees.

Facebook is great and I'm addicted. Texting is nice and immediate BUT this is a space for family news and good times. I hope you will find it fun to connect with. We're now all in the same state and most in the same city so maybe a blog isn't necessary BUT I'm gonna power through for my own amusement and I hope you'll chime in from time to time.

So...I'll start with these photos. It's September and school has begun for Lucy and Finn. Everyone else is too little or done with school but I've got some cute photos of the little ones later as they enjoy their first years before becoming "just another brick in the wall." BUT, hey, we're Gees...THAT is never gonna happen. :D!

From August and September 2016 —
Finn on his first day of school, Kindergaryen, followed by Finn on his new soccer team.
Lucy walking to school on her first day of Sixth Grade, followed by Lucy the day before school starts at tea with Maggie and Nana (Robin). We went to the Downton Abby exhibit. I think she learned to hold up her pinky from Jodi at an earlier tea outing. She's into tea like her Nana. Her great grandma Louisa Gee would be so proud, keeping Gee British roots alive! :)







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home